Thursday, July 21, 2016

38 Weeks

Ok, so I kind of said I would keep this updated with random weekly updates of this baby bump but not to my surprise here we are ten weeks later finally making an update...and quite honestly I hope it's the last update anyway since I'm way ready to get this kid out.  Really this pregnancy has been much more tough; I've gained more weight, I feel more uncomfortable, I puked so much more.... Really the only good thing is I feel like I've slept better which is still a great accomplishment, but still.  I'm ready and really done with this pregnancy.  We are 38 weeks and 1 day as of today.  With Noah I started laboring tomorrow and had him the day after.  Cross your fingers, right?  Honestly though, I'm not feeling like that's going to happen.  I feel like the new baby is very content where he's at and will make it to his due date no problem. *eye roll*  Lucky for me I still have about half of Orange is the New Black to finish up at work before baby comes... maybe catch up on a couple other things.  The weather really hasn't bothered me too much since I'm inside all day anyway.  Gotta look at the bright side of things, right?


  • How far along?:38
  • Baby is the size of a: Winter Melon - The Bump says 19.6in and 6.61 lbs average.  I swear this kid will be over eight though... so we'll see.
  • Total weight gain/loss: 30. Geez, get this child out!
  • Symptoms: Lots of movement from the little guy and a terrible feeling of being overstretched at night but otherwise we're making it through.  I ya, and I'm exhausted.
  • Sleep: Sleeping pretty good but with constant pee breaks.
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Nope.
  • What I miss: I could use a beer or two, maybe a nice relaxing non pregnant day at the beach.... or the mall.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: Off
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: Well we do have two.  One I like, one Jeff does.  It'll be a discussion at the hospital.
  • Movement: This kid is stronger and crazier than the last.  I'm sure this guy will be a beast and he pretty much hurts my body all day long.
  • Maternity Clothes: Like since week 6.  There is no reason to try and squeeze into anything pre pregnancy.  Although I feel like my body in general has stayed smaller all around my belly is much bigger.  Blame it on the lack of stomach muscles or whatever but the only place I seem to be gaining any weight are my belly and my boobs.  So ya, can't fit into anything not maternity.
  • Labor Signs: Nothing? Maybe a couple braxton hicks... no, nothing really.
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: The obvious but really just getting this kid out.  Naming him and holding him and really I could just use a break from work even though I know the shit show I'll be getting into at home. I'm ready to start losing this weight and stop waddling around.  You know, all the preggo stuff that's not fun .
 Guys.... less than two weeks!  But who's counting anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment