Monday, July 11, 2016

Cherry Picking - Summer Activities

During the week, Jeff and Noah always go out in the mornings and do fun stuff before I get  home from work.  They've gone to see the airplanes at the airport, run errands together, grocery shop, strawberry picking, checking out new parks, and the list goes on.  By the time I get home from work most days though I have just enough time to do some cleaning and then it's time to start making dinner.  Then there is bath and bedtime, so really there's just not a ton of "fun" time left in the evening.  It was nice this weekend to partake on some family adventures trying things we haven't done yet.  The cherries are just about done and this was a perfect cool morning to pick some.  Also very perfect for someone nine months pregnant since I didn't do much walking, and I didn't have to bend over like other berries.
We picked So.Many.Cherries!  Three buckets full and honestly we did it so fast I can't believe what an easy fun activity this was.  Not to mention I really got a reality check as to what our cherry tree might look like in the future.  Like so big and so many cherries I may not know what to do with them.

When we got home we had lunch and both Noah and I were pretty exhausted so we both took a lengthy nap.  When I woke up I found Jeff pitting most of the cherries so we could make some cherry recipes.  First one on the list was dessert for that evening.  Chocolate Chip and Cherry Blondies.  They were amazing and I really recommend them.  We even doubled the recipe and made it in a 13x9 pan so we could use even more cherries. We ended up freezing about half of what we got and we've been eating them non stop the whole weekend.  We probably only have one more weekend together as just a family of three so it was nice to get out there and make some memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment