Friday, May 18, 2012

10 Minute Parmesan Steak

Say what?! 10 minute steak?  Yep, that's right.  
So there is no reason you can't make this any day of the week. 
Personally I don't like to grill.  The grill scares me.  The grill is for my husband.  But I do LOVE steak... so I had to figure out how to make it yummy, inside the kitchen, and fast.
...because you never know when you're gonna crave a juicy piece of meat.
Ok, so here it goes.

Ingredients: 
3 Steak - Mine were about the size of my hand (pretty big) about an inch think (also pretty big)
            Also, I did 3, you could do more or less, depending on how they fit in the pan.
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
small pinch of steak rub for each steak
olive oil
salt + pepper

Directions: 
1. Heat your pan to medium-high and drizzle your pan with olive oil. Once the oil starts to sizzle you know it's time to put your meat in. Meanwhile, prep the meat.

2. You want your meat to be at room temperature so take your meat out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you want to cook it.  (No you don't have to do this but it will make it so the juices flow better when cooking) Lay the meat out on a plate/cutting board/tin foil (for easy clean up). Drizzle with olive oil and season liberally. More than you think, it's a thick piece of meat.


3. Once your pan is hot put it your meat seasoned side down.  Season the other side.  Also, if you have it around you can use a little steak rub on one side for a little extra flavor.  I just add it like I would salt.  If you don't have any around, the skip it.  Keep it simple. 

Let this side cook about 5 minutes for medium.  More or less depending on how well you want the meat cooked.  Flip your meat and lower your temp to medium.  Add the parmesan cheese right on top. Cook side two about 3-4 minutes with the top on and let the cheese melt into a crusty crust.


4. Take the meat out of the pan and rest 3-5 minutes so the juices can soak into the meat.  If you cut the meat right away the juice will run all over the cutting board and not in your mouth and trust me, you want juicy steak. 

I ate just a half of one of the steaks, my husband a whole steak.  I would say one steak is plenty for one person so you can make more or less steak depending on how many people you're feeding. 
Also, these were served with a baked potato and the mixed veggie medley previously posted.


And... ROUND TWO! 
If you make extra you can even make a left over steak sandwich.  Cut the steak into slices with a little light mayo, tomato and lettuce.  Put it on a ciabatta bun and there you have a nice little sandwich!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely put a new spin on a subject thats been I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.

    Gourmet Secrets

    ReplyDelete