Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sleep & Food!

Two of my favorite things... and with one comes the other. 

I'm cautiously announcing how excited I am to have gotten Noah to only get up once in the night.  It's been so nice.  I feed him between 7:30 - 8:00 at night and I go to bed.  When Jeff comes home from works he's been giving him his final feed between 10:30 - 11:00 and he doesn't wake up until three or four.  Then he sleeps until about six or seven.  This gives me almost six or even seven hours on a good night!  I'm still really tired during the day but with the extra sleep I seem to be able to fall asleep better when I do sleep and during the day I have a little more enegy to do things around the house. 

What a cutie.... if only he could sleep all day.
Anyway... that brings me to the next point.  Food!

Today I made two new recipes.  I really do love to cook and try new recipes out.  It's a great way for me to relax.  So here we go. First, Chicken Enchilada Casserole (Clink the link for the recipe)


And as always, I didn't really follow the recipes all the way. The casserole turned out okay.  Not sure if I'll make it again.  It was kind of average.  I did like the addition of the black beans instead of the re-fried beans.... much healthier.

...and for dessert, Impossibly Easy Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake

Not that this is healthy in any way... but it was pretty tasty. And super easy to make.  I would recommend this for sure.   I did not have any raspberries on hand, so I substituted with strawberries and of course added chocolate chips because honestly how can you have dessert without chocolate?!

No comments:

Post a Comment