Friday, November 7, 2014

Seventeen Months

Time just flies now.  Things are happening so quickly as this little boy gets bigger and bigger.  I've finally gotten to the point where I look forward to spending time with Noah (for the most part at least). I miss him when I'm at work and look at pictures of him on my phone all day.  He's such an outgoing person, and is running around the house constantly.  He's very curious and opens all the cupboards and takes everything out and inspects and tries new things out every day.  My favorite part is just how smart he is.  Watching him figure out how things work, and what he can and can't do.  Pushing the limits for sure.  Especially when he knows he's pushing them and looks back at you with a little grin just to see if he can push a little more.

I'm still anxious to go to the doctor next month as I'm pretty sure his speech is behind now for sure. I will say though in the last couple of days there have been sounds I've never heard before and more enunciation of words. I'm sure it's nothing that wont sort itself out, but none the less worrisome.
  • Stats: Size 4 Diapers | Finishing the fours and Fives at night | 2T clothing
  • Size: 29.5lbs
  • New Abilities: Nothing really "new".  Getting better at moving objects around/handling objects. Can climb furniture pretty good.  A couple more inches and he'll be everywhere.  We now have to move things back from the edges of the counters as he's tall enough to reach.
  • New Words: Nothing new this month.
  • Sleep: Sleeping consistently from 7:30pm to 7:30am. Naps twice during the day. A morning, an afternoon.  And here we are still at two naps.  We always think he'll switch to one for a couple of  days and he goes right back.  Not that I'm complaining.  Time change went great as usual. We put him down a little later the night of, and he woke up 45 mins earlier than new time  but 15 mins later than old time.  The next day we put him down at normal bed time and he woke up at normal awake.  This kid is a champ sleeper and I'm very lucky.
  • Mom Check-In: Slow at work is nice for the blog. I've been able to relax and plan things ahead of time.  I've loved taking pictures of Noah with my new iphone so that's been fun.  The house has been a nice addition for our lives and we've enjoyed making decisions.  I'm looking forward for the house itself to be done (March ish?) so I can do lots of decorating and shopping. Looking ahead I feel pretty good about the upcoming holidays and much less stressed with how Noah will handle them.  I'm actually looking forward for them much more this year and I'm excited for Noah to really be able to experience Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment