Monday, October 5, 2015

Toddler Activity - Painting a Wooden Bird House

Another weekend success with Noah and I.  Jeff was working all weekend and we saw him a little in the morning after he woke up but mostly it was just Noah and I.  I find now that I'm a mom I have major problems just sitting around on the couch when Noah's around.  I feel like I have to be doing something at all times.  That's probably why my house is always clean.  Noah walks around the house and helps me sweep and mop and dust, put away the dishes and vacuum.  It's a great way for us to get things done around the house and pass by the long days. 

Of course, there is only so much cleaning one can do, so this weekend we we're a little more creative with our activities.  First on our list was a painting project which Noah was so excited to do.  This wasted at least an hour and we had endless conversations about the colors he was using.  I also heard a lot of, "Mama, Wow!"  as the colors mixed together to form other colors.  When we were done I explained to Noah that we had to wait until it was dry but then we could go put it outside so the birds had a home and I think he really understood that.


We spent the rest of the weekend making food, baking and cuddling on the couch reading books. Noah even let me lay my head on his lap at one point.  I said, "you have to be gentle and nice to mama" as I took his hand and showed it how to nicely rub my cheek.  Then he follows it up with "...I love you mama".  And it's just one of those moments when your child first says I love you without asking that really melts your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment