Monday, August 11, 2014

Millennium Park Triathlon

For anyone whos been reading this blog for a while, you may know that my husband competes in triathlons every summer and has been for many years.  My thing is shopping, his is working out.  Good mix right?
Last year, Jeff asked his family to participle in the Millennium Park Triathlon  here in Grand Rapids and his siblings and dad joined him in racing.  This year though, he got pretty much the whole family.  It's only a sprint race, so pretty much anyone can do it, and there's not much training required. It was a great family bonding experience and I'm glad Jeff and his family set such a good example to Noah to be active and fit as he grows up.  Here is a little recap from our morning.

This year Jeff and his cousin Mike had a great rivalry.  They both trained hard but Mike finished a little earlier than Jeff!  Good job Mike!  Jeff finished second in his age group and Mike first (in a lower age group).  They both did amazing as well as the rest of the family.  And did you see all the family that showed up!?  Lots of support in the Stoll family.  With matching tshirts of course.

I love love this race though.  It's a really pretty course.  Not that I can say much from the race itself since I'm not much of a triathlete.  Maybe one day I'll join in.   Until then I'll be the one taking the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment