Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Twenty-Two Months

This month flew by so quick for all of us.  This whole house moving things really keeps you busy so between that and working and everyone being gone all the time, it just passed us by.  We're officially moved into the new house and since Noah had been there a lot before the move, I don't really think he thought much of the move.  It's just more room for him to explore and play around.  We decided to not put baby gates up as Noah can pretty much go up and down stairs no problem.  The issue really has been containing him to a specific part of the house where I can keep an eye for him even if I'm doing something else.  To help out we've put a couple of door knob stoppers? I don't even know what you call them, but on the doors, so Noah will stay in areas I'm in.  Like bathroom and bedrooms. Or even out of places, like the pantry or the basement. 

  • Stats: Size 6 Diapers | 2T-3T clothing
  • Size: 33.5 lbs
  • New Abilities: We've tried drinking out of a cup a little.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Can officially jump with both feet.  ...and can we say...kind of talking? See bellow.
  • New Words: My hopes are up a little after the last week.  He seems to be making more of an effort to say words more closely to how they should be instead or the common, "da'un" which he said for everything.  I think he said onion and lettuce the other day.  He's saying, "oh, no!" a lot.... which is specially hilarious when daddy is trying to get the TV set up for three hours while Noah comments. He's still using signs a lot and doesn't have interest in using the words I'm sure since the signs are easier, but for the things he doesn't have signs for, at least he's making an effort.  Still not totally worried since the speech therapist wasn't as she saw some progress from last month.  Hopefully this will take off soon and we wont have to worry much longer.
  • Sleep: We're still pretty normal. 7:30pm-7:30am.  One nap around 1 for about an hour and a half to two. Some shorts here and there.  Some waking up at night, it's hit or miss if we decide to go in and check on him.  His first put down at the new house was a little rough but has been great the rest of the week!
  • Mom Check-In: I am soooo tired.  I need way more sleep.  I've been staying up way past by bedtime cleaning this new house, organizing and trying to unpack.  It's going to take foooorever.  The good part is, Where in the house!  and it's beautiful and I love it so I'm going to try and relax a just take it one box at a time.  I need to try not to get too much done at once and just enjoy being home.  Especially on the days that Jeff and I are together.  Also,  daycare for Noah is starting soon and although I'm a little nervous for him, I know it's going to be great for both Jeff and I for some alone and together time.

On a total side note for Noah; the kid is obsessed with my shoes!  It's the funniest thing ever but I'm so worried he's going to break an ankle.   Also, Noah's pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment