Sunday, July 17, 2011

My First Sale

I've been posting mostly in order of the projects I've made, even if they are a couple months behind because I really wanted to show the progress I've made with my projects, but it honor of my first Etsy sale I fell it's only right to post about my first sale!  So here it is.


I made two appliqued pillows; one for my friend Sara, which I noted in an earlier post, (and that matched the quilt I gave her) and another to sell since I liked the first one so much.   The second one sold.  So exciting! It makes me want to go to my sewing room and sew more, although I really have to go to bed soon so it'll have to wait, at least 'till tomorrow.





Both similar, yet a little different.  
The second one I got a little creative and added a pieced backing so I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I.


And I know I'm kinda doing this backwards, but I just cut out a but of leaves from my scraps and a trunk and zig-zag stitched them into place on a 17x17 piece of while cotton.  That's how easy the front was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment