Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Kicking of Tri Season

Last weekend was our first triathlon on the season and it was a good start.  Noah is really enjoying being outside this year and just getting to see everything going on.  I think he's starting to get the idea of what Daddy is doing. We stayed the night at my moms so we didn't have to get up quite as early even though we were still up by 5:30.  Noah woke up in the middle of the night and he ended up sleeping with me, and Jeff moved to another bed.  I didn't get as much rest as I would have wanted but we made it.  I ended up dozing a little bit after we got home.  I was pretty wiped.  Noah feel asleep as soon as we got into the car after the race and slept all the way home.  He was pretty bummed when he realized he missed saying goodby to grandma but we bribed him with some beach time and the rest of the night was great.


Noah started to figure out the whole cheering thing except the part where he kept yelling "go slow bikes".  Luckily we made some friends with other kids and this young girl kept telling Noah how he should be cheering so by the time we had to leave he had it pretty down.  Probably the funniest part of the day was when I heard the girl cheer, "finish this race today guys!"  They're daddy was running the shorter race so we would see them in passing here and there and the kids loved to play together.   That girl really wore Noah down and I'm sure she had a lot to do with Noah passing out so quickly in the car.  I'll take it, it was nice talking to adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment