Monday, August 15, 2011

My Husband is an Ironman (Well... Half)

This whole summer my husband has been training to do his second Half Ironman.  For those of you who have never heard of this race, it's a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and a half marathon (13.1mile run). Needless to say, it's really long and takes a lot of training to do.  We arrived on Saturday to check in and and made it to the hotel just in time for the rain to start.  Last year it rained in the morning and it was miserable.  I was just hoping that this weather would pass and the morning would be much better.

When we woke up on Sunday, Jeff felt great and ready to go.  I felt good too, well prepared, full of food and water and armed with a good book. We got to the park and found out the swim was canceled.... not cool, although according to Jeff he was proud of his results and it ended up being okay. He finished with a time of 4:34:48 and even though that did not include his swim, he would have still cut off almost an hour off his previous years' time. So, there you have it, I have myself an Ironman. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment