Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello 2014!

Looking back at the last year, the first thing I think is, "wow, that was really hard".  There were so many things I'm thankful for, but it was just a hard year! Being pregnant is hard, having a baby is hard, juggling new schedules that include not seeing your husband is hard, and taking care of a newborn was especially hard for me. The good thing is, I feel like I've passed the hard part and now I'm just looking forward to the next year.  I don't doubt that there will be hard moments ahead but it just looks much more bright and carefree.

I'm looking forward to Noah getting older, walking around like a little monster around the house.  Getting lots of hugs and kisses and celebrating lots of family moments together.  I want to make sure we start family traditions and that Noah gets to enjoy the holidays much more than I ever did. I wants to do lots of theme days, and over the top decorations and fun holiday breakfasts with coordinating paper plates and napkins. 

And in honor or my new favorite Noah tee-shirt we made up a new holiday! Taco Day!


We talked in Spanish throughout the day, told him all about Mexican food like tacos, burritos, flautas, enchiladas, nachos... you know, the list goes on, and for dinner had some tacos!  Well, Noah had broccoli, haha, maybe next year he can join us for taco dinner.  Any time Noah was sad or happy or talked to us we would ask him if he wanted to "taco" 'bout it.  I'm pretty sure Jeff and I enjoyed it much more than he did but it was a great day all around. 


Ok, and for a quick re-cap of our Christmas here is a heavy filled picture post.


 Noah had a good time opening presents and we got a great video of him doing so.  He only got grumpy once the present was open so either he didn't like the present or was angry he didn't have more than one. Too bad, so sad.


We went over to visit the rest of the family after our gifts and Noah got super spoiled.
He loved every minute of it. 


 Noah really enjoyed the large amounts of wood floor there.  He had free range to walk anywhere and was so happy for such a long time.  He loved to follow everyone around and grab anything within reach.


We even got some great family pics!


Merry Christmas all!

For New Years, Jeff, Noah and I celebrated at Red Robin with an early dinner.  We graduated Noah from the car seat to a high chair at the restaurant and it was a great idea.  He was so happy and had so much more to see.  He has so much to grab too that it was non stop fun for him. We ate, then Noah ate and we left happy and just in time for bed when we got home.  


I did not end up making it 'till midnight although I had high hopes at the beginning of the day.  Cashed out around 10:30 after watching marching band videos.  How awesome, haha. I was woken up soon after midnight for the first kiss of the year, that's about how good that was.  Overall a great night, but such a parent night. Gotta love it.  
Of course when I woke up at 730 the next morning to a wide awake Noah I realized what a great idea not staying up for the ball drop was. =)

And so, that was the end of this year. 
Cheers for another great one, with lots more fun, and a much older baby!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a great holiday. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Noah walking in the new year.

    ReplyDelete