Friday, March 4, 2016

Easy & Quick White Bean Dip

I've never been quite able to master the art of making hummus.  It's so simple yet it never tastes like the store bought kind.  Setting that aside, I have no problem making white bean dip which is essentially the same thing.  A little less garlic-y and more savory in my opinion.  It doesn't have a super strong flavor yet still tastes amazing.  Definitely worth a try for a healthy quick snack option while you're making dinner. Or slather it on your tacos, sandwiches and quesadillas.... I'm obsessed, and when I make it, I put it on everything.


Ingredients:
1 Can White Beans Drained
1 Can Chickpeas Drained
1/4 Cup Tahini
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1 T Minced Garlic
1 t Paprika
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions:
1. Drain the beans and chickpeas saving about a half cup of juice from either.
2. Dump all the ingredients except the extra bean juice into the blender and blend until creamy.  If needed for the right consistency use the extra bean juice to loosen it up. 
3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment