Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekend Cuddles and Temper Tantrums

Noah and I were together alone most of the weekend and as Jeff says he's just so much more emotional when he's with me.  Good and bad.  We laughed so hard and had such a great time, and then there were the times when he was so whiny and constantly wanted to be held and loved by mommy.  It's really such a roller-coaster and at the end of the day when he's finally asleep I'm also ready to hit the bed, even if it is only eight.


On Friday,  Noah refused to fall back asleep after getting up in the middle of the night with a soaked diaper and after two hours of whining, I had enough.  I needed sleep myself.   So I stumbled out of bed, got him out of his crib and plopped him on my bed.   He was out in five minutes.  I thought that was the end of it and I would be back to sleep as well, and although Noah slept soundly until morning I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable as Noah kept inching closer and closer to me.  By the time we got up in the morning I was inches from falling out of the bed.

When we got up it was obvious he hadn't slept that well either with his little toddler tantrums being thrown. I had finally had enough when he picked up the remote in attempts to turn on the TV and watch Doc McStuffins.  When I asked him to give me the remote, he proceeded to throw it on the coffee table and make the loudest noise known to man as Jeff was trying to sleep after getting out of work late in the morning. In that very moment we decided to leave the house and visit our new one as I knew he would be able to run around free and make all the noise he wanted.  It was a much needed break only an hour after he woke up.


Of course, once we arrived at the new house he was like a brand new child, all happy and smiley and cute.  Such is life.

The rest of the weekend was full of these up and downs and although he's rather annoying at times I die for the funny, kissy Noah I get the other half. We managed to make it outside for a while this weekend with the weather being warmed and all. Noah was really itching to get out of the house.  It's like a brand new world since a year ago and it's like he's figuring the outdoors all over again. The snow was all melty and puddley and super perfect for splashing.  I really just let him do his own thing as I followed him around the neighborhood. 


I'm really looking forward to this summer.  As a family, we are really in need of a much quieter life.  One that involves much less work and much more family time; all three of us together.  Work should settle down for Jeff and we should both be able to take a lot more time off.  We're finally going to start sending Noah to daycare a couple of times a week.  He needs to be with other kids and I know they'll teach him so much more than we can at home.  And while that's going on, hopefully Jeff and I will get some much needed alone time during the day.  Hopefully by summer we'll be all settled into the house, and although I know we'll have to do projects here are there, we should be able to do them on our own time.  Life is so busy, it's really up to us to make sure time doesn't fly by so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment