Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas Break Re-Cap

I'm finally back at work today and although I had a great two weeks off with lots of fun and family it's definitely time to get back at it.  I thought a re-cap of Christmas would be a great way to start the week back up.

When we last left of we were just about ready for Christmas and man did we do it up this year.  We saw both sides of both Jeff and my family which meant a little traveling here are there for us.  We were lucky enough that all the gatherings were within an hour driving distance so at least that was nice. There was still no snow until after Christmas which after the major downpour in November was super crazy.  We had some mild weather and a couple of days were in the 50s so we could walk outside without coats.  It sure was nice for Noah to be able to spend some time outside.  As of this morning though we're back to snow and a wind chill of -10!  That's more like it.


After all of our Christmas celebrations Jeff surprised me with a couple of days to Chicago without Noah which he kept under wraps for over three months.  He's such a good planner and a thoughtful husband.  It was so nice to get away for a couple of days, do some shopping, relaxing and spending some good quality time together. We really didn't take too many pictures of our trip since it was all about us but I did sneak of to instagram a couple.  You can check them out here. My most favorite part of the trip had to have been the food we ate.  We always check out new restaurants when we go to Chicago and first on my list was RPM Italian.  It did not disappoint.  I'm a huge fan of Giuliana & Bill so it was nice to see their restaurant which was super classy, but the best was the amazing food.  We left stuffed!  My other favorite of the vacay was XOCO which makes churros fried to order and if you know me, you know I cannot pass up a chance for legit churros and mexican chocolate.  Overall, it was a successful vacation for Jeff and I and it was great being back in Chicago.  My most favorite city ever.

When we got back we still had a couple of days left of vacation so we did the typical cleaning, laundry making lots of leftovers for this week and finally taking down the tree.


Although the break was much needed and lots of fun, it sure is nice to be back to work.
Is it weird I miss my coworkers? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment