Monday, June 15, 2015

Jeff's Half - Weekend Update

I couldn't wait to get out of work on Friday that I snuck out a little earlier than usual to see my boys.  Work is so slow and I can't help but just want to be home hanging out with them. We've been spending so much time outside especially playing with Noah's new birthday toys.  He insists on wearing his helmet on any riding toy which is so funny.  He picked the habit up at daycare. They sure do teach him a lot of things there.  I'm grateful that Noah's much happier now than he was when he started.  Last week the didn't even want to go home and was really upset when I made him get in the car.

For most of the day Saturday we relaxed around the house and took a nice long nap.  Both Noah and I.  Although I'm bummed Noah has been waking up much earlier than I'd like, I really do enjoy these long naps in the middle of the day.  I get things done around the house and by bed time I don't feel the need to pass out. If only we could take naps at work life would be complete. Jeff was packing most of the day Saturday for the Half Ironman and Noah of course couldn't help himself and got into everything that was setting out.  He needed to try on all the gear and test it out. The house was a total mess as Noah moved through all the piles and scattered random tri gear around the house.

Lucky for Noah and I we chose to skip the beginning of the race and came more towards the end.  The heavy rain was kind of a downer as everything was soaked but I was pretty proud of myself because I was super prepared with extra clothes, snacks and such for the whole day.  By the time the race was done Noah was dry and clean in the car and the kid fell asleep right before I pulled out of the parking lot.  I transferred him to bed when we got home and he slept for another two hours.  Mom was happy.

During the race Noah was so good.  What a difference a year makes.  He was cheering and ringing the cow bell.  He sat nice in the stroller when it was time to move and really was super excited to cheer for dad.  Even picking him out of a crowd much better than last year.  Noah crossed the finish line with Jeff and we had a quick celebration before we headed back home.

The rest of the day was spent recovering either on the couch, or bed.  Both for Jeff and I.  Noah was super crazy and rambunctious but super funny the rest of the evening and really wore both of us out even more.  Certainly in the last month Noah's energy has seemed to spike.  He's so hilarious and always laughing.  I'm really having a hard time keeping up with him.  I don't know how moms with multiple kids to do it but for now I'm glad Noah's all I have to worry about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment