Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sausage and Onion Tartlets


Anyone have one of those weeks without any motivation?  Ya, this is one for me.  I have a case of summeritis and laziness is calling my name.  I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and our annual GVSU Enrichment dinner.  The dress has come in and it fits! Woop!  I'm always a little nervous around this time since I rent a new dress every year and hoping that the size I ordered fits just right.  You can see posts from our previous years here, here and here, but you'll have to wait till next week for pictures from tomorrow!  Or you can follow me on instagram at Ccristinat because I'm sure they'll be lots of posting going on.

In the meantime, you can make yourself some Sausage and Onion Tartlets because they are super easy and perfect for way low motivation when it comes to dinner time. Oh ya, and they're kid approved.


Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes

Serves: 6

Ingredients:
2 8oz can of refrigerated crescent rolls.  (They make ones without the perforations now so they are flat sheets.  Those are the best in my opinion so don't have to squish them together to make little squares. 
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 package of sausage links (or 1/2 lb of ground sausage, really any type of sausage works just make sure it's in little pieces.
Pizza Sauce
1 Cup of Shredded Cheese
Cooking Spray
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook onion until translucent. Salt and pepper to taste.  Cook sausage links until cooked through and depending on the type of sausage cut into small chunks.  I use a spatula as I'm cooking my ground sausage.
3. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.  Open crescent rolls and lay out flat.  Lay the seams on top of each other and press together to make one big sheet.  (or use the non perforated ones, much easier)  Roll out the dough a little so it's as square as possible.  Make two cuts for four squares.  Do the same on the second can of rolls.
4. Lay the squares on the cookie sheet and add a dollop of pizza sauce.  Add a spoonful of onion and another of sausage. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover sides and bring over a little to make a little package.  The squares will not cover themselves.  You just need enough to essentially make a barrier so the items don't fall out.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.  Serve with a side of pizza sauce to dip.  (Or ranch if your name is Noah or Cristina) (Or if you're awesome and each ranch with everything)

No comments:

Post a Comment