Monday, November 14, 2011

In Love

I'm all the sudden in love with Christmas.  I've never been much of a Christmas person, really all the family stuff when I was younger wasn't all that fun to me.  The last couple of years though I've really been warming up to the idea of Christmas... so to get into the Christmas spirit this year I have already made these Christmas pillows, and now the matching quilt I'm going to show you guys.

I actually started the quilt first, before the pillows, but since I only had a charm pack of all the pretty fabrics I quickly realized I was going to have to improvise to make a large enough quilt for cuddling on the couch.  I ended up just doing a border with the charm pack and then used the small amount of left-overs for the pillows.  


That above, ended up being the finished quilt top.   Pretty good if I say so myself, and really without all that much intricate sewing going on it really didn't take that much time.  Maybe 2 hours?  I seem to loose track of time rather easily when sewing. Thankfully I had all of Saturday to finish this bad boy up. 


So pretty all bunched up, and you can see all the nice patterns.   I really wished I would have saver the package so I could tell you what it actually was...  Ooops. 

Alright, I'll leave the rest for the next post... because you never know how long it'll take me to start the next project. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment