Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Favorites

I've been searching for a while now for some casual tennis shoes to wear to work.  I don't need to dress up and I like to be as comfortable as possible but I also like to look presentable in my loose "uniform".  I'm not a huge fan of the traditional Toms, I never got into them and thought they were kind of weird. Somehow though I ended up on their website and noticed they had some really cool shoes that were not the traditional Toms.  I eventually decided to get these and they are so perfect and comfortable. Some other favorites were these Nepal Boots , these cute booties (who knew they had heels!), and these simple flats that come in so many colors.   They look really good quality and I've already added some on my Christmas list.

Jasmine, from Organic Skin Media contacted me to try some new products from their Lady Soma collections and I went with a couple of different products, but the one that I loved the most was the 'Restore & Condition' set.  Last time I went to my hair dresser she used a clarifying shampoo by Pureology that I loved.  It left my hair feeling so clean and I've been looking for something similar since then.  I've been using Pantene for years now and as much as I love it, it just doesn't do what a clarifying shampoo would.  This Lady Soma shampoo left my hair just as clean as the way more expensive Pureology.  I would definitely recommend.

Last weekend Noah and I made some home made pasta for dinner.  Home made is so different from the stuff you buy at the store and I can only imagine how much better for you.  It's just flour and eggs so it can't be that bad for you, right?  This pasta tastes amazing and although it kind of takes some effort to make, the end result is all that matters.  We used a basic pasta recipe but I later found this sun-dried tomato recipe and this prosciutto lemon pasta that will be next on our to-cook list.



As much as I love fall weather, I don't really decorate the house much for the season but I'm super excited to get the house decorated for Christmas this year.   We plan on having a real tree and maybe even more than one so I have lots of thinking to do about what I want to do.  I love the idea of having the tree in a basket and the more pictures I see the more I love it.  This one is so perfect for our house; slightly white washed. It also doesn't hurt there's a little piggy under the tree.  For my next diy project though I'm looking at this simple wreath that would look so good in the kitchen.

Finally, one quick video to end your week.  I cried like a little baby.  

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment