Monday, March 27, 2017

John Ball Zoo


We had quite the busy four day weekend this past couple of days and it was packed to the max with lots of fun activities.  I had some nice one on one time with Peyton on Thursday.  We ran lots of errands and snuggled on the couch in between way too short naps.  His poor little mouth hurts so bad since he's teething and some days are just worse than others.  Friday, the kids and I headed for the zoo and saw every-single-animal.  It sure made the day go by fast.  We brought some lunch and had a picnic and talked about all the animals.  We only had a slight meltdown when Noah realized the spider monkeys weren't at the zoo that day because it was still too cold.   I can't wait to come back when all the animals are back.  It'll be even more fun!

On Saturday we went to Michigan State to watch the boys high school basketball state finals. A tradition for Jeffs side of the family.  A long weekend filled with lots of basketball games.  Lucky for me we only joined them on Saturday.  I'm not much for basketball all day but it sure was fun with the boys.  Unfortunately a little colder than we hoped for but still a good time.

Finally, Sunday I was able to catch up on some sleep when Jeff got up with the kids and I slept in for an extra hour.  It sure felt nice to wake up on my own.  We relaxed in the morning, the kids got much needed naps and then we went to see a friend from college and her two kids; which by the way, four kids is a zoo!  It was so much fun!

I'm looking forward to a relaxing week, a couple of barre and yoga classes and maybe even a nap somewhere little early bedtime for one of the nights.  I've got to catch up from this crazy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment