Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bummer!

I feel like most of my recipe creations tend to turn out at pretty decent if not delicious, at least that's what my husband tells me, but even I can acknowledge that once in a while I make some poor cooking choices and mistakes and really ruin some could-have-been-amazing food.  

Exhibit A:

Although these may look (and actually taste) pretty delicious, the mess it took to get these six little bites was ridiculous.  I decided to make some wonton cheese bites as a small appetizer and in an unhealthy moment wanted to fry them instead of bake them.  I get the pan all nice and hot full of hot oil and dip these little cuties right in the oil.  By the time I got the last one in the pan my whole front side; clothing, face, hair and all the counter space within five feet of the area was completely covered in oil. I quickly tried to put the cover on until I started to smell very cooked food and I knew it was ready to turn. Problem was, I still had hot oil jumping all over the kitchen.   Needless to say, it was one of the worst ten minutes of cooking I think I have ever done.  I spent about a half hour after this mess cleaning up the entire kitchen top to bottom.    

Sometimes things just don't turn out in the kitchen. We all have those moments when we think it'll turn out a certain way and instead your wonton wrappers throw you the finger and tell you "next time remember to bake me you unhealthy woman!" =)   In my opinion, half the of cooking is enjoining the time you spend in the kitchen weather it's with your cute husband or finally getting that moment away from the stress in your life. So enjoy! and don't sweat the small stuff. It'll work next time. (Hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment