Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 36

Jeff and I had a great long weekend together.  I got a ton of stuff done around the house.  The nursery is completely finished.  Absolutely nothing to do.  Feels good to have it done.  I also did major cleaning in the entire house.  The basement was a complete mess.  I never go down there so I kinda just "forget" about it but I figured since we're gonna have guests in the near future I might as well clean it up now.  
Also finished planting the garden. (and the herb garden) This year I did the bare minimum since I don't know how much gardening I'm really going to have time to do.  I planted some tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and arugula.  Enough for Jeff to have some salads throughout the summer.

We also had a fun dinner and drive date on Saturday.  We went to our fave restaurant, six.one.six. and I got to dress up and wear heels which doesn't happen that often now that I'm so pregnant I don't feel like I can do anything fun. Every time we go out I rather be in pjs or sweats.


We had a great meal as usual. The waiter even noticed that I was pregnant and gave us a free dessert at the end.  It was a great way to finish the dinner. They always treat us so nice there.


 We ended the night by driving Jeffs half Ironman bike route in Ada/Caledonia.  It was fun to just hold hands and take a look at the scenery, but let me tell you, it is really far.  I think when you hear that someone is going to bike 56 miles it sounds like a lot but it feels like a lot more when you actually drive it and then realize someone is going to bike that same amount.  Only three more weeks to the half Ironman. We're almost there!  Cross your fingers I don't go into labor that day 'cause if I do it's gonna be pretty crappy... and that's if we even find Jeff on the course.  I might be delivering this baby with my mom... if she makes it either! Yikes!
Anywho! Onto the weekly update!

  • How far along?: 36 Weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: Honeydew melon. (17.2- to 18.7-inch and 4.2- to 5.8lbs)
  • Total weight gain/loss: Up 21 lbs so right on track for 25 total.  Pretty excited I've been able to keep it under control this pregnancy.
  • Symptoms: Heartburn at night is pretty bad.  But still pretty "limber" as my nurse pointed out this week as I jumped of the table to go to the bathroom. =)
  • Sleep: Up and down, some nights are great, some are not.  With the warmer weather my allergies have started to kick in and that's making it worse.  Lots of coughing at night bc of the drainage issue in my throat.  I'll have to ask the Dr. about it later this week to see what I can take.
  • What I miss: Having some moscato with dinner when we eat outside.  It really just makes summer so much better.
  • Movement: He's all over the place.  I don't even think he bothers to sleep anymore. 
  • Maternity Clothes: Excited for the next pregnancy so I can buy more of it.
  • Labor Signs: Nada.
  • Best Moment of the Week:  Only a pound up!  Woo!  Actually .8 so even better.
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Sleeping better.  I know I'm not going to sleep more, but when I do sleep it would be nice to be out completely and not wake up because I feel like crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment