Saturday, June 15, 2013

Noahs Birth Story

We are proud to announce the birth of our son, Noah Peter born Saturday, June 8th, 2013 at 2:51am.  He was 7lb 4.9 oz and 20in long.  He's by far the cutest baby ever. =)

Here is his birth story:

I woke up on my birthday, June 7th very early to what I thought were contractions.  They were very mild, so I didn't think much of them. Jeff joked that there was no way this was the real thing because pregnant women have braxton hicks and I hadn't had any as of yet. (38w5d)  We celebrated my birthday with donuts and muffins in bed and opened up some gifts and cards.  I started some laundry and did some cleaning around the house, all while still having some mild contractions... still not really thinking much of them. We decided to go for a walk around the block when they started to get closer and then finally headed to Meijer for some last minute grocery shopping.  By the time we got done with the shopping we decided that it may had been time to call the Doctor.  My contractions were about 3-5 mins apart for the last three hours. The Dr. said to come in!
On our way in we stopped at Panera for my last meal, and while we were there we discovered they had the chocolate crossaint pastry I had been craving for the last month!  Who knew it was there all along! Darn.  So we took it for the road. =)  

When we made it to the hospital we were surprised to find out we were already 5cm dilated and we were getting admitted!  All that walking around must have done something... and at this point I wasn't really in too much pain through the contractions so I was pleased and still thinking I would go without an epidural. By the time we were brought up to the delivery room and started laboring more the paint quickly increased to the point where I just had enough!  I wanted the epidural!  The last couple of contractions before it kicked it were rough, but once it did it was all pretty easy from then on.  My water broke right around the time I was fully dialated to we began to push!  I pushed for just under two hours and Noah was out! 


It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  A couple of times I did throw up but pain-wise; not that bad. Next time, I just have to make sure to get the epidural earlier.  That is for sure!



1 comment: