Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 49

The last two weeks have just flown by so fast. I feel like it's been a giant blur and I'm ready for it to slow down for a second.  We started with a trip to Mexico, which although fun, I was sick the entire time.  We did enjoy the warm weather and the great food, but we just didn't do the trip justice like we should have. It was so nice to see Noah after a couple days away.  We missed him a lot. More than I thought we may. 

This whole last week I've been trying to recover...still.  My ears are all plugged up, I can barely stand without the feeling of being woozy and the coughing is out of control.  Noah has caught a little cough too and we're just trying to hold on a little longer so everyone in the house gets better. Jeff has been a trooper helping with Noah while I'm pretty much useless.

But, regardless of the mess in this house, Noah has been the most fun so far.  We've finally broken him on the constant whining any time he falls while walking.  He's been running all over the house from couch to toy to coffee table and I think he's really enjoying finally being able to move around without our help.  It's been nice for us too.


These weekly pictures just get harder and harder.  I can't seem to keep him still for a second.  It's now become a two person job.  I joked about how easy it was ten months ago and how I would never for a second want to go back. I've given up on having his lay down so I'm sure the next three will be whatever I can get!

  • Stats: Size 3-4 diapers | 12mo or 18mo clothing | Stands holding on to objects | Can sit to stand | Can finally crawl but mostly refuses | Starting to put things together, stacking cups, stacking rings...etc | Walk holding onto objects | Walks on his own pretty well | Sleeps with his butt in the air | major talking going on
  • Sleep: Sleeping consistently from 7:30pm to 7:30am. Naps twice during the day. A morning, an afternoon for about 1.5 hrs.The third nap is pretty much out.  Sometimes it's just quiet time in his crib and that works out fine too.
  • Food: Noah will eat pretty much anything.  Although we still five him purees for some meals, I think it's mostly for our convenience.  Especially breakfast.  Since we're such into cereal, and he really can't use a spoon yet, purees seem to be a nice option.  The rest of the meals though he eats pretty much what we do and loves most foods.
  • Milestones: He's been talking a lot more and it's really just fun to listen too. He really seems to understand some things we say and it's nice to be able to interact back and forth. 
  • Mom Check-In: I'm so over being sick. It's been rough.  I feel like I didn't get what I wanted from my time off but I'm hoping once I get better I'll be able to make it up.

We spent most of the day yesterday lounging around in the back yard and enjoying the warm weather. It's so nice to finally be able to get out of the house.  Noah refused to stop eating the grass so I finally gave in.  Go for it kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment