Thursday, May 8, 2014

As Promised

First of - check out this view of the sunrise we got to see this morning!
A couple of things:
1. I get up way too early to go to work.  In the winter it is pitch dark when I leave. So terrible.  But in the summer, it's so nice to get to see this for a week or so.
2. I realize this was a way unsafe thing to do, but how could you resist? I'm sure I had a couple of people looking at me like I was crazy.  I promise most of the time I'm a pretty good driver.


Anywho... on to the promised Cinco de Mayo feast which can I say was AmAZing?
I couln't even wait to take a bite before I took the picture.  And this corn... OMG, I don't even know if I'll even be able to go back to eating it without the sauce.  It was supposed to be made with coconut milk but I wont buy a random ingredient if I'm not going to use it again. I made the sauce with:

1/3 C sour cream - juice of one lime - about a teaspoon of chili powder // mix well

When you put it on the corn it kind of solidifies and sticks. Top it with some parmesan cheese and there you've got some easy Mexican Street Corn. You can check out the original recipes here.

Forgive my just out of the shower hair.  This was the only picture we got all night.  We need to get better at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment