Thursday, October 16, 2014

Family Weekend Fun

Last week was another busy one for us.  Jeff worked so late so many nights he ended up sleeping in the basement to catch up on sleep and so Noah wouldn't wake him up in the morning.  I had to work the weekend and some extra overtime and I'm pretty sure we saw each other for a total of a couple of hours all week.  I can't wait for the fall semester to be over and to have a little more downtime.  Some family time and a couple date nights sound pretty good right about now.

But even though we're busy this time of year we try our best to spend time together.  Even if that means spending time at work! Grand Valleys' homecoming was this weekend and they had all sorts of family week festivities for adults and kids.  I took Noah to family night and met up with Jeff for a little fun.

As social and outgoing as Noah is, I think he was actually a little overwhelmed by the amount of people and stayed pretty close by.  We tried some cookies and frosting which is a rare treat and even had a balloon hat made.  That lasted about two seconds on his head and then I carried it around the rest of the time.  Probably should have known better?

We're already knee deep in house meetings and this week we get to finalize our cabinets throughout the house as well as pick out a fireplace.  Aren't fireplaces all the same?  I guess we will see!  Cabinets though I'm excited for.  How do you think the designer will look at me when I tell her I want to paint my kitchen island navy? Eeek!  So exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment