Wednesday, October 29, 2014

House Schedule Update

Today may be the day we break ground and I'm cautiously excited as we were supposed to break ground over two weeks ago.  The builder had some problems getting a permit in time for when we thought to break ground so we're just at the mercy of this little permit to begin.  I've heard today may be the day.  But even without the house having been started we have still been busy making decisions and even getting our first payment for the house! I thought I would give our current schedule for anyone else who may be interested in the process or anyone else who may be thinking of building as well.  So here we go!

Oct 8 (Day 1) - We signed our contract and everything is official!
Oct 9 (Day 2) - Expected ground breaking - delay with permit.
Oct 14 (Day 7) - Pick out front door, interior doors, house molding, door knobs, and decking and siding.
Oct 15 (Day 8) - Fireplace
Oct 21 (Day 14) - Faucets, sinks, shower heads, toilets.  Also garage door.
Oct 23 (Day 16) - Cabinetry for the whole house - knobs and handles

Day 16 probably has been my favorite so far.  The kitchen is the most exiting place for me as I'm going to be spending so much time there.  I've always imagined an all white kitchen and I'm well on my way.  I tried to find the cabinets we chose but through the whole process there are just so many options that online they all look the same.  I guess we'll have to wait for the install processes to check the pictures out.


Here is the best I can do for picturing our current kitchen layout.  The cabinet above the stove will actually be a custom built hood similar to this one.  The cabinet on the most right of the picture will be a glass door to display pretty glasses and most likely be some sort of drink station. Originally we wanted an navy blue kitchen island, but apparently if it's not a "normal" color you pay way extra for the custom paint.  We ended up having a "designer" color that although is not the stock colors and we still payed a little extra, it was not the major expense the blue island would have given us. So far we're looking at a dark grey island and white cabinets.  Similar to this.

The most important thing was that when we walked out of the store we came in under budget! Woop!

Next on the list we have counter-tops and back-splashes for the kitchen and bathrooms.  We also still need to pick appliances.... Most of the big stuff is pretty much picked! Who knew this would go so fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment