Saturday, July 30, 2011

Shabby Chic Baby Quilt

I'm done with my to-date most favorite quilt ever.  Inspired by calming pastel colors and a girlie feel. It took me a couple of days, but I even finished a coordinating pillow which I'm super excited about. Today, the quilt, tomorrow the pillow. =)

I started by making the squares and trying to figure out how I wanted to sew them together...

Eventually, I decided on the classic chevron pattern.  I sewed the squares into strips and then the strips onto each other making the quilt top.

Quilt top, Done!

Front

After making the quilt sandwich, basting, and binding, it was all done!

Back
For the back I used some scraps from the front and pieces thing together with a gray Kona solid.

At first I wasn't too sure about the purple stripped binding, I thought it may have been a little too strong, but now that it's on, I love it!

And that's it! All done!

If you would like to purchase this quilt you can do so by going to by ETSY shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment