Thursday, February 7, 2013

We're Pregnant!

If you're reading this now thinking ...I already knew that because you have a new big belly, (well, not THAT big) you are right.  We did not just find out, but trying to be cautious since our last two pregnancies ended in a miscarriage I thought I would write these during the corresponding week and post them later when we know this pregnancy is much safer. 

So ya, we're PREGNANT! Woo!

Written on 10/17/12
Week 4 + 5
We found out last week, Tuesday, 10/9/12  that we were pregnant again.  How exciting and nerve wrecking! Agh!  Our last miscarriage happened late last year and ever since then we're been working on #3.  After months with no good luck I started taking some medicine to get my cycles more regular. (Clomed for anyone wondering... it's pretty common)  Last cycle was not successful, but this second cycle worked!  I was a total stress ball the week after ovulation and I couldn't wait till test time, which for me is sixteen days after ovulation and its waaay too long to wait when you have an inclination of being pregnant.  So I tested way early on day thirteen and it was positive!  Of course, I had a mini freak out in the bathroom, should I wake hubby up, should I not?  I wanted to surprise him with something cute, but really with all that we've been going through I also couldn't keep it a secret for more than a half hour.   I finally woke him up and told him I had a surprise and he immediately knew what it was. =)

The bad thing about testing this early is it could be a chemical pregnancy which basically means that the egg and sperm have joined, you started to make the pregnancy chemical that gave you the positive result but then it doesn't stick to your uterus and then, well .... you're not pregnant anymore.  It's pretty stressful and that's all I really thought about for the whole fourth week. So really I've been waiting another week to make sure it was real and it is! 

Now it's week five...and still pregnant. I think we're going to wait and tell just a few people around Thanksgiving (week 10ish) , mostly my sisters and sister-in-law bc I can't keep anything from them for a long time, and then we'll make it official to the rest of friends and family around Christmas (week 15)....as long as I don't start showing too much anyway. Guess we'll have to see.  At least by that time the pregnancy should be pretty safe.


  • How far along?: 5 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: Orange Seed
  • Total weight gain/loss:  Starting weight around 125lbs
  • The Bump: Nothing to show for this.
  • Symptoms: Last week I was super tired but much better now.  Lots of period like cramps (making me really worried although a co-worker of mine said that was normal) Still worried though since I didn't have that with the last two.  Also, my boobs are giant balloons! and they are super sore.  I think I already need to get some new bras.... although they will look pretty nice for a wedding in two weeks. ;-)
  • Sleep: About 10-12 hrs a night although it's not THAT much more then normal.  I do wake up for about an hour in the middle of the night wide awake...  I hope that stops.
  • Food Cravings:  Nothing, but I have been enjoying beef since I have a feeling I wont want to eat any in a couple of weeks.
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Nothing yet.
  • What I miss:  Being able to live without worrying about how long this baby it gonna make it.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: I have a couple for a girl but if its a boy we have a lot to think about still.
  • Movement: N/A
  • Maternity Clothes: N/A
  • Labor Signs: N/A
  • Best Moment of the Week:  Seeing the positive sign on Tuesday and being able to tell hubby.
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  Our first Dr. Appointment which is way too far away, Nov, 6th? I think.  I'll be around 8 weeks.  I would do anything to know this little buddy is doing alright in there every day...
Baby Stoll due June 19, 2013 - or better known now as our 3 Year Anniversary!
Coincidence? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment